Let us help you achieve your career goals! Paying for your education does not just have to be your responsibility. Your Vantage College admission and financial aid representatives will gladly help arrange a time to provide information and answer all your questions.

At Vantage College we are dedicated to providing personal guidance and assistance to future students. Our financial aid advisors work with students and families to explore options and develop a financial aid plan.

    Federal Student Aid Grants, loan programs, state and private funding sources, student payment plans, and institutional scholarships are available to all students who qualify. We encourage our students to explore all of the options available and take advantage of the opportunities, as most of our students do qualify for financial aid.

    For more information and to find out what financial aid may be available to you, please call us at (915) 777-3944, or click here to request more information.





Financial Aid Options



Paying for college may not be as difficult as you think. VANTAGE is dedicated to helping you pay for career education through a variety of financial aid options. Meet a financial aid advisor to learn more about the financial aid assistance we offer.

You may be eligible for some of the federal, state and institutional financial aid programs such as:

  • Pell Grants

       Grants are funds that don't generally have to be repaid.

  • Student Loans

       Loans are borrowed funds that must be repaid, with interest.

  • Payment Plans

Institutional Plans to help you complement any Federal Aid

  • Veteran Education Benefits

Military Educational benefits for Active Duty Soldiers, Veterans & Dependents, and Military Spouses (MyCAA)

  • Scholarships

Limited funds for qualified high school seniors, military dependents, and individuals who need additional financial help to pay for school.

 *Financial aid is available for those who qualify



Grants are funds that are typically awarded based on financial need, and they don't (always) have to be repaid. Grants are different from student loans. 

Quick information on Pell grants:

• A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.

• The maximum Pell grant for the 2015-16 award year (July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016) is $5,775.

• The amount depends on your financial need, costs to attend school, status as a full-time or part-time student, and plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.

Learn more about Pell grants.

To apply, complete the FAFSA using VANTAGE’s school code: 04184800



Loans are borrowed funds that must be repaid, with interest.

Subsidized and unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher. The U.S. Department of Education offers eligible students at participating schools Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans.


Here’s a quick overview of Direct Subsidized Loans:

• Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need.

• Your school determines the amount you can borrow, and the amount may not exceed your financial need.

• For a subsidized loan, the U.S. Department of Education pays the interest

•while you’re in school at least half-time,

       •for the first six months after you leave school (referred to as a grace period*), and

       •during a period of deferment (a postponement of loan payments).

*Note: If you receive a Direct Subsidized Loan that is first disbursed between July 1, 2012, and July 1, 2014, you will be responsible for paying any interest that accrues during your grace period. If you choose not to pay the interest that accrues during your grace period, the interest will be added to your principal balance.

Learn more about Direct Subsidized Loans.

To apply, complete the FAFSA using VANTAGE’s school code: 04184800


Here’s a quick overview of Direct Unsubsidized Loans:

• Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.

• Your school determines the amount you can borrow by considering the cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.

• For an unsubsidized loan, you are responsible for paying the interest during all periods. 

• If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).

Learn more about Direct Unsubsidized Loans.

To apply, complete the FAFSA using VANTAGE’s school code: 04184800.



PLUS loans are federal loans that graduate or professional degree students and parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay education expenses. The U.S. Department of Education makes Direct PLUS Loans to eligible borrowers through schools participating in the Direct Loan Program.

 Here’s a quick overview of Direct PLUS Loans:

• The U.S. Department of Education is the lender.

• The borrower must not have an adverse credit history.

• Loans have a fixed interest rate of 7.9%.

• The maximum loan amount is the student’s cost of attendance (determined by the school) minus any other financial aid received.

 Learn more about Parent PLUS Loans.

To apply, complete the FAFSA using VANTAGE’s school code: 04184800.



There are a many financial and private organizations that specialize in education loans to students. Your VANTAGE Financial Aid Advisor can help you identify and understand which choice is the best option for you.



Payment plans may be available to you. Select from a range of payment plan options to put your career training within reach. Get started with an affordable down payment followed by budget-friendly monthly automatics payments. Contact a financial aid advisor for more information and to create a customized plan that works for you.



VANTAGE is approved for the training of active duty soldiers, military spouses and dependents; is also approved to provide services to veterans and eligible dependents by the Veterans Administration. Students interested in Veteran Education Benefits should contact the campus admissions office.



VANTAGE awards every year thousands of dollars in scholarship for qualified high school seniors, military dependents, and individuals who need additional financial help to pay for school. Our Excel America scholarship first-come, first-served limited fund is a combination need / merit based program created to ensure everybody has an opportunity to pursue their dreams. For more details, contact an admissions advisor at your local campus.

Apply for Financial Aid

Our financial aid advisors will gladly explain each financial aid option to you, and guide you through the steps necessary to apply. They'll even help you apply!


First, find out if you qualify for need-based financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using VANTAGE’s school code: 04184800. The FAFSA is your application for federal grants and loans; if you qualify, the money you receive can be used to cover school expenses such as: tuition, fees, books, supplies, and transportation.


To file the FAFSA, go to or contact a financial aid advisor at a campus near you.



Q. What kind of expenses does financial aid cover?

A. Financial aid must be used to pay the cost of education, which may include:

• tuition

• fees

• books

• supplies

• other education-related expenses (when funds are available)


Q. How do I apply for federal financial aid?

A. Visit the Vantage College campus nearest you and one of our financial aid advisors will be happy to help you. They are experts in developing financial aid packages according to government guidelines and regulations. Financial aid packages are usually a combination of federal grants, loans, and scholarships. Note that grants and scholarships can be need-based or merit-based, based on the availability of funds. In order to be considered for any federal aid at Vantage College, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form using the Vantage College code: 04184800. You might also have to file separate applications for institutional scholarships. Check with your financial advisor for details.


Q. Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid at your school? 

A. No. You can apply for financial aid any time. To actually receive funds, however, you must be admitted and enrolled at Vantage College.


Q. Where can I get information about federal student financial aid?

A. Feel free to stop by the Vantage College campus nearest you, or call (915) 777-3944. One of our financial aid advisors will be happy to help you. You can also call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and ask for a free copy of "The Student Guide: Financial Aid." This toll-free hotline is run by the US Department of Education and can answer questions about federal student aid programs and applications.


Q. Where can I get a copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form?

A. The vast majority of applicants complete the electronic version of the form at All of our financial aid advisors have the ability to process the FAFSA application electronically. You can also get the printed version of the FAFSA form from the financial aid office at any Vantage campus, at your local public library, or by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).


Q. Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

A. Yes. According to federal regulations, students are required to apply for financial aid every year. After all, if your financial circumstances change, you could be eligible for more or less aid. Each year, the US Department of Education will send you a "Renewal Application" with preprinted information from the previous year. If your financial circumstances have not changed, it will be relatively easy to complete.


Q. I don't think I'll qualify for financial aid. Should I still apply for FAFSA?

A. Yes. It doesn't cost you anything to apply for FAFSA, and our financial aid office can help you fill out the form. Also, some sources of financial aid (such as unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans) are available regardless of need. So even if you don't qualify for need-based aid, you could qualify based on merit.


Q. When should I submit my FAFSA form to the federal government? Will I need to wait until my taxes or my parents' taxes (for dependent students) have been processed to file?

A. FAFSA forms are accepted any time. You don't have to wait until after you've filed your taxes to apply for FAFSA because you can estimate your income and go back and correct it later.


Q. How do I apply for a Pell Grant and other types of need-based aid? 

A. Submit a FAFSA. To indicate interest in student loans and parent loans, you should check the appropriate boxes. Checking these boxes does not commit you to accepting these types of aid. You will have the opportunity to accept or decline each part of your aid package later. Leaving these boxes unchecked will not increase the amount of grants you receive. 


Q. What's the difference between a "dependent" and an "independent" student?

A. A dependent student is one who is required to use parental information on the FAFSA form. Independent students use only their own financial and personal information.


Q. My mother and father do not support me and I am no longer living at home. Can I apply for financial aid on my own?

A. In order to be considered an independent student, you must meet one of the following criteria:

• Be at least 24 years of age before January 1 of the award year for which you are applying

• Be an orphan or ward of the court

• Have a child/children for whom you provide more than half their financial support

• Be a married student

• Be a veteran of the armed forces

• Be a graduate student

• Have a legal dependent other than a spouse or child

If you do not meet one of the above criteria and you want to apply for federal aid, the US Department of Education will require you to supply parental information and signatures.


Q. My parents are divorced / separated and I am no longer living with either of them. Which parent's tax information will I need to supply?

A. The parent with whom you lived the most during the past 12 months should complete the application. If you lived with each parent for an equal amount of time, you will need the parent who provided you with the most financial support during the last year to complete the application.


Q. I had a guardian until I turned 18. I am now between 18 and 24, and I no longer live with my guardian. Will my guardian still need to fill out the financial aid application?

A. It depends! If your guardian has been legally appointed by a court to support you with his or her own resources, and that support will continue while you attend Vantage, then yes. Otherwise, your guardian is not required to complete the form. Please visit our financial aid office for further information.


Q. Do I let you know if my marital status changes or the size of my family changes during the school year?

A. Yes! Please let us know if you experience these type of changes during the school year. Our counselors will advise you if any adjustment to your award is possible.