OUR CSS PROGRAM
The Computer Security Specialist program prepares students to identify risk and participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security, apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability, identify appropriate technologies and products, and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations. Our program also prepares students to take the CompTIA’s SECURITY+ Certification exam during the course of the program, which is included with tuition.
Once a student completes training, our full time Career Services staff offers job placement assistance. Our staff also offers students guidance, support and employment assistance even after completion of the program. Vantage graduates will complete school knowing that they have the skills to obtain a job, perform well, and advance in the career that they have chosen to become a valued member of the workforce. Vantage College also provides services such as flexible tutoring schedules, class-related field trips, guest speakers, and interview preparation.
WHAT DOES A COMPUTER SECURITY SPECIALIST DO?
Computer Security Specialists plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization's computer networks and systems. Their responsibilities are continually expanding as the number of cyber-attacks increase.
Computer Security Specialists typically do the following:
- Research the latest information technology security trends
- Monitor their organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
- Help plan and carry out an organization’s way of handling security
- Develop security standards and best practices for their organization
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff
- Help computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures
Duration: The CSS program takes approximately 2.5 months (240 clock hours) to complete. Classes start every 3-4 weeks.
- Network, Organizational and Operational Security Principles
- Threats, Vulnerability and Cryptography
- Application, Data and Host Security
- CompTIA SECURITY+ Cert. Lab. – Securing the IT Infrastructure
- Microsoft MTA - Windows Server Security
Our Students Learn to:
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Review violations of computer security procedures
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to them
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors
- Repair customers’ machines for a computer repair compan
- Help maintain the hardware and software belonging to a company or governmental agency
- or work at a help desk, aiding callers to repair problems encountered while running software.
- CompTIA's SECURITY+
- Microsoft's MTA: Windows Server Security (optional)
Financial aid: Financial aid is available to all who qualify. Vantage College students never have to worry about making a payment while in school.
SAMPLE JOB TITLES
Computer Security Specialist, Information Technology Specialist, Data Security Administrator, Information Security Analyst, Computer Specialist, Information Security Specialist, Information Systems Security Analyst, Computer Security Specialist, Information Security Manager, IT Security Analyst, Network Support Specialist, Computer Technician, Computer Support Specialist, Computer Specialist, and such.
According to the National Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 12 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are expected to add about 488,500 new jobs.
COMPLETION AND PLACEMENT DATA
Please Click Here to view.
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Select a program/campus below:
- AAS in Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative & Health Information Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician