OUR BUSINESS & OFFICE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The Business & Office Management program is a course designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to run smoothly the day-to-day business of any company. As a Business or Office Manager you will be responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Graduates from this program usually work in offices of small to big size organizations (public or private) in government, retail, manufacturing or service industries.
During the program, our students take two certification exams, included with tuition.Once a student completes training, our full time Career Services staff offers job placement assistance. Our staff also offers students guidance, support and employment assistance even after completion of the program. Vantage graduates will complete school knowing that they have the skills to obtain a job, perform well, and advance in the career that they have chosen to become a valued member of the workforce. Vantage College also provides services such as flexible tutoring schedules, class-related field trips, guest speakers, and interview preparation.
WHAT DOES A BUSINESS/OFFICE MANAGER DO?
A business or office manager directly supervise and coordinate the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
Typical tasks of the position include:
- Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Review records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
Duration:This program takes approximately 8.5 months (730 clock hours) to complete. Classes start every 2-3 weeks.
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Fundamentals of Small Business Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Business Plan
- General Office Procedures
- Interpersonal Skills in Management
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Personal Development
- Supervisory Skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MOS - Microsoft Office Specialist Word
- MOS - Microsoft Office Specialist Excel
Financial Aid: Financial aid is available to all who qualify. Vantage College students never have to worry about making a payment while in school.
SAMPLE JOB TITLES
Office Manager, Team Leader, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Office Supervisor, Accounting Manager, Director, Office Coordinator, Accounts Payable Supervisor, Administrative Supervisor
COMPLETION AND PLACEMENT DATA
Please Click Here to view.
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Select a program/campus below:
- AAS in Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative & Health Information Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician